Saturday, March 27, 2010

Titling

Working on the blog title thing was a nightmare. I was a woman possessed by alien rabbit which forces me do make it better and better until it is just too ugly for me to continue fixing.
I worked on it from 6pm-7.30pm, then 9.30pm-11.30pm, till 12am-1.30am, just like an idiot.
First try:

  1. Grabbed one of the million sky photograph that I took when i had the sky phase, played with the curve/ lighting and filtered it to make a cartoonish feel
  2. Cutted out an image of a fly and a bee, filtered it too
  3. Got font for EinniE on dafont.com and got the Conversation honeybee font somewhere...years ago... it just had been in my thumbdrive for years
  4. Got this texture years ago from another website which i can't remember of and dumped it on to try and fix this ugly mess. I also discovered that I also have some hair textures and I add a little bit of that too.
  5. Enter light depression when discovering how cool other people's blog are. Scrape that design after remembering that my blog's background colour was yellow.

Second try: Basically the same thing as before but airbrushed the edge, change the font, still very boring. Beginning to question my level of creativity so it is immediately destroyed. Oh, and realized that my computer doesn't have winzip, so that was fun.

Third try: Now we're talking.

So, same font, added shadow. Played with the curve again to give a lighter look. Created a layer of light grey with opacity on at 7% then made the stain light to imitate bee hive. Added an age old drawing of a dress. Gotten another layer and did some more textures.
Then realized that I don't really want people to look at my old drawings since everyone would think that i'm copying good old Timmy and his thin drawings. I love the colour though. Makes me think of the world. Sad that i can't fit convo honeybee in so must die.


Fourth try:
Suddenly remembered my little doodle in class on monday and went "Oh yea". So i took it, grabbed it, youcamed it, super curved it, magic wanded it and dumped it on. Realized that the bee hive will be too busy so took that out, the girl will be too bright so took that out. Coloured his togue cause the image need some red. Randomly air brush and play around till I got this baby looking its best. Fixed the edge and declare a well good night.

No as pretty as I want, but then beggers can't be choosers.



Sister figured that the font of EinniE is too solid so might fix it again on easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment