Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Breathing

Breathing, seem to be a little thing (?) that becomes a common inspiration lately. Florence and the machine has a song on it (Between Two Lungs), the Sydney Dance Company’s New Creation has a part call 6 Breaths and the art world seems to always have some sort of obsession with air and breathing, and who can forget Patrick Süskind's Perfume, one of my favourite books.

As a smell person I always relish the ability to breath and feel the world. Sometimes when I walk by a crowd of people and catch a wisp of familiar perfume, I would run over my memories of different smell from my childhood, identify it, and smile like an idiot. Thus I wonder, is nostalgia the reason for people’s interest? Or is it the fact that each breath is killing us? If that’s true, does it mean that every one of us have a hidden masochistic desire? Or as my sister said, have we as a creative individual, truly ran out of creative ideas that we have to return to our roots and indulge in the simplest thing in life?

If air has a colour, what will it be?

Something to be pondered about I’ll have to say.



Anyway, something related to design. Had a moment a few weeks back when I suddenly realized that the older generation’s dress style is actually quite interesting. A little theory that I had is that since they are older, they don’t care about the fashion sense of today and just wear the colour and style that suits them. And some of them really look great.

I saw this lady a week ago when I was about to walk past the crossing, the colour and print of the jumper was so awesome I have to take a photo.

Yesterday was the senior gala concert at the entertainment centre and I saw a group of old women dressed in red and purple and oddly enough I thought, “Oh my god that is a great combo on them!” Was a little bit sad that I didn’t get my phone out fast enough to take a photo to prove it.

So I say, take a look around you and serious admire the things that people wear, not just the hot young chicks and the handsome young guys.


There it goes, I have ranted and must do work again.
Oh, art month is coming to an end so go around quickly!
And a little preview/promise that I will type now so that I will have to do it later. I will write an article on T-shirt/skin and the intricate combination of art and fashion. Those who might have hear me talking about the woman who is obsess with “liberating people from their skin/clothing” on the street by unpicking what they are wearing and then pinning it onto the wall or fence, that will be what I will type about. Will start on it as soon as I have time to find that article on that woman from this magazine at the library and scanning it.


Sorry about a post with so little images, I'm feeling a little bit down.


That’s all. Really need to start on the assignment now.

No comments:

Post a Comment