Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wowing

I didn't even remember that I changed my blog heading, quite a pleasant surprise.



Sorry to this blog, i did promise myself that I would do more things to u but I guess being an assignment handing machine is harder than I expected. Otherwise, lets get a move on.


Here's my beauties:


List 5 thing that you learnt:
Um...
  1. No matter what you do, get the building that you really like and try and look for it at the library. You may be surprise by what our library have. (express intense hardcore love to the library)
  2. Be nice to photoshop, so give that darling a little bit more time when you open 15 2mb sized photoes, it is ok that it is slow. NEVER CLOSE ANYTHING, just wait, and the old girl will treat you well.

  3. I need to get some money, then get a scanner, then the new photoshop which is not in a foreign language so that there's no need to translate online tutorials, ok, i lied, I didn't use any online tutorials, but having photoshop in english would be nice.

  4. Play around with the images first and see how everything flows. Flow is really important as it makes the boards looks good.

  5. Plan your concept boards if you want to have a happy time. I didn't plan the template initially and it took me a day to admit that my original template was garbage, then I got frustrated and did my collage and creative in half the time.

  6. Add one more since no. 3 is not a serious one. A good photoshopped work takes time. Really, a lot of time. Those who did them in 2 hours either lied, or are photoshop mad.


I convinced myself that the collage concept board was the one that communicated my concept since it was the first one that i completed, and that it was really pretty. But Lea was right, it didn't have as much of the concept. So now, my final choice would be the creative because the cool blue and the changing facade can be seen more clearly. Plue it is a tree!

This is the first part of my synopsis since i'm being lazy and I hate reading over and editing something which I wrote weeks ago. Sorry.

Novartis Campus – Forum 3 is an interesting building that appears to change constantly. Located in Basel, Switzerland, it is the first building completed on the campus, designed by various designers, but notably Diener & Diener, Hemlut Federle and Gerold Wiedrein. It is famous for the patchwork like layering of rectangularly shaped coloured glass which creates a floating, unfocused, pixelated effect, reflecting the surrounding environment. As a result, the building’s smooth façade reacts to the different lights depending on the angle, distance and time of which it is viewed. The angular glass pieces exude a cool blue presence highlighted by multicoloured glass pieces. The general shape of the building is also rectangular but is soften by the visual illusion of glass. The design is minimal and modern, an interesting juxtaposition against other historic buildings around the area. From the reflection of tree through the glass windows, the extensive use of wood in the interior, the plant rooms and the large tree situated within the building, it is obvious that nature and sustainability is a key aspect of Forum 3. Sharp straight lines developed from the glass façade become more organic and curved when approaching the interior while the colour also appears more natural, from the transparent blue to the solid cream, dark grey, brown and green.

Alright. Got to continue on smocking, while watching tv. (insert smirk)

No comments:

Post a Comment